Student Council Elections 2017
This week students will be electing their new student council. Nominated students will be campaigning throughout the week and delivering a speech in their year assembly on Friday 27th January. The week will culminate with Election Day on Friday 27th January. The 2017 student council will be announced on Tuesday 31st January, after the election.
The student council are able to make real changes to the Academy. The role of the student council is to promote the interests of students among the school administration, staff and parents. Their role is to:
- Act as a bridge between teachers and students
- Listen to Form Representatives and take forward their ideas
- Consult students on any issue of importance
- Meet with the Principal and his team to suggest how we move the Academy forward as a school
- Organise events and trips
- Meet with the local community and build on our links with local businesses
- Organise financial campaigns for school life and charitable activities
- Give tours to visitors and be ambassadors for the school and the local community
- and more
KAA Student Council are the voice of the students.