Students and staff celebrate A level results day
KAA is delighted to celebrate another excellent set of A Level results. This year’s are particularly special, as many of the students are from our original “founder” Year 7 cohort who joined when we opened KAA in 2014, and all students have worked extra hard to overcome the disruption that Covid caused to their A Level courses.
At the time of writing, over 95% of our 103 Year 13 students have secured a preferred university place, with over half to Russell Group and two to Oxbridge. A small number are enrolled in apprenticeship courses from Sept, in industries ranging from food to finance.
Some headlines from this year’s results are:
– 51% of all grades are either A* or A
– 79% are A*-B
– 93% are A*-C
– The average grade of a KAA student is B+
There are plenty of individual success stories for our students and their families to celebrate today – too many to share here – but highlights include:
· Two of our founder KAA students secured Oxbridge places: Leila achieved three A*s and one A will attend Balliol College, Oxford to study History & Politics, and Ahmed achieved five A* grades and will read Natural Sciences at Gonville & Caius College, Cambridge.
· Another of our founder students, Leah, will be the first person in her family to go to university, after achieving 3 A*s in Government & Politics, Religious Education and English. Leah has secured a place at Durham to read Politics – having won a number of debating trophies in her time at KAA, we don’t doubt she will go onto great things in the arena of student politics.
· Many students who transferred from other schools to join KAA at Sixth Form also achieved stellar results, for example Maram who secured 3 A*s in Chemistry, Biology and Maths and will be reading Medicine at Imperial College London.
If you are interested in joining KAA for Sixth Form, enrolment for September 2021 takes place on Thursday 12th August 2021 from 9am – 1pm at KAA, 1 Silchester Road, London, W10 6EX. To enrol students must bring a copy of their GCSE results statement and a photo ID. Students who applied on time and have been offered a conditional place will be prioritised, but other students whose results meet the criteria will be considered. KAA’s Sixth Form is outstanding and heavily over-subscribed, so please arrive no later than 11 a.m. on the day.