Students and staff celebrate GCSE results day
KAA is pleased to announce a positive day of celebrations for our students collecting their GCSE results today. Students have worked especially hard for these results, to overcome the disruption that COVID caused to their GCSE courses in Years 10 and 11.
Some headlines from this year’s results are:
– 64% of all entries were 9 to 5 grades
– 77% of all entries were 9 to 4 grades
– In English, 86% of students secured a grade 9 to 4 in English Literature and / or English Language, with 70% of these a grade 9 to 5
– In maths, 75% of students achieved a grade 9 to 4 Maths GCSE, with 54% achieving a 9 to 5 grade.
There are plenty of individual success stories for our students and their families to celebrate today – too many to share here – but highlights include:
· Zebedee received eight 9s, an 8 and a 7 and has enrolled on Maths, Physics, Psychology and Music A levels at KAA Sixth Form for September. Zebedee said “I’m really happy with the end result, but it was difficult for us with the disruption.”
· Kayla got an impressive seven grade 9s and three grade 8s and will be studying Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Dance at KAA Sixth Form next year. She hopes to become a vet in the future. Kayla said “It was a bit of a roller coaster due to COVID, which made things more stressful, but in the end I managed to pull it together in the end. I am very please I did better than I expected.”
· Benny achieved seven grade 9s, two grade 8s and one grade 7. He will now stud English Literature, Geography, History and Religious Education at KAA Sixth Form. Benny said he thought the Teacher Assessed Grade system was “fair given the circumstances students were in nationally due to lockdowns.”
· Alexander achieved top grades 9 to 7 in all his subjects, and he’s now looking forward to studying Biology, Chemistry, History and Maths at KAA Sixth Form and hopes to then go to university to study Medicine. Alex said of the disruption to GCSEs caused by COVID: “It was more uncertain for us and we weren’t quite sure what would happen. We were on and off school, in and out of lockdown, and had teacher assessed grades and coursework instead of national exams, so it wasn’t as stable as normal GCSEs, but I’m happy in the end.”
· Christopher achieved six 9s, three 8s and a 7 and has enrolled at KAA Sixth Form to study Economics, Maths, Further Maths and Physics for A level. Chris said “I found studying at home during lockdown more difficult than being in the classroom at school, but I’m really pleased with my results.”
· Era was delighted with her top grades, she achieved four 9s, four 8s and two 7s and has also enrolled at KAA Sixth Form. Era will be starting A level courses in Economics, Government & Politics, History and Psychology in September.
If you are interested in joining KAA for Sixth Form, enrolment for September 2021 takes place on Thursday 12th August 2021 from 9am for internal candidates and from 10.30am for external candidates at KAA, 1 Silchester Road, London, W10 6EX. Students who applied on time and have been offered a conditional place will be prioritised.
If any late applicant whose GCSE results meet or exceed our entry criteria would now like to enrol at KAA, we will consider your application, subject to available space. Please be aware we are oversubscribed and cannot guarantee places, only that we will consider you.
To enrol students must bring a copy of their GCSE results statement and a photo ID.