KAA has at its core the pursuit of the very highest standards in education, both inside the classroom and beyond it. We believe all children can exceed their expectations, no matter what their prior attainment and experiences.
Our careers programme is modelled around current best practice for careers guidance and the Gatsby Benchmarks developed by the Gatsby Foundation. All students are able to access individualised careers advice throughout the year with our Careers Coordinator, Miss Symington. In addition, all Year 11 students have a progression meeting with a member of SLT during the Autumn term. This is then followed up in 30% of cases by at least one further meeting with the careers coordinator.
Our careers policy aims to:
- Ensure students have the knowledge, skills, and self-awareness to successfully transition into future education, training or employment and to fulfil their career ambitions.
- Foster independence and resilience, in-keeping with our core values.
- Promote entrepreneurial attitudes and skills.
- Challenge stereotypes and broaden aspirations in relation to career choices.
- Develop the careers education we offer to students by working with parents and guardians, as well as education, community and business partners.
The full careers policy can be downloaded here:
This policy will be reviewed in August 2019.
Work Experience is a key component of our curriculum at Kensington Aldridge Academy. Our goal is that as many of our students as possible obtain work experience placements which will help them to develop a more realistic view of adult working life and its responsibilities. In researching and seeking out a placement for themselves, we aim to enhance their maturity, communication and levels of independence, better enabling them to seek further study or employment upon leaving KAA. For further information about work experience through the KAA careers department, please visit our Work Experience page.
We are always looking for new community partners. If you might be interested, please get in touch with Olivia Symington, our Careers Coordinator, to discuss ideas (details below).
Careers Coordinator – Olivia Symington – email@example.com – 0207 313 5800
Assistant Principal (PSHE) – Toby Fisher – firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of Sixth Form/Vice-Principal – Rob Pavey – email@example.com