The £60 million KAA Campus, which includes the academy and the new Kensington Leisure Centre, needs no fine words to describe it. Our beautiful new building speaks for itself – it is a world class learning environment and we are extremely privileged to have it. We are also very grateful to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea who gifted £10.4 million pounds to the project to help realise this exciting new school.
Distinctive features of our building include:
• A professional theatre
• Our own sports hall and dance studio
• A safe, enclosed rooftop football / sports pitch
•Specialist performing and creative arts classrooms for drama, art and performing arts
• Two music rooms and a professional recording studio
• State of the art design technology rooms, including Graphics, Resistant Materials, Food Technology and Textiles
• Flexible IT spaces – giving students safe access to the right technologies
• Three libraries
• The Kensington Creates Entrepreneurial Centre
• Access to the brand new Kensington Leisure Centre and swimming pool next door to the academy
We are fortunate to have these facilities and will put them to the service of our students. However, we also know the building alone is not the answer; it is the school’s values, our strong ethos, and our focus on curriculum, assessment and teaching and learning that will be the keys to our success.
If you are interested in hiring the fantastic facilities available at KAA please see our Community Use page.
As a result of the fire at Grenfell tower in June 2017, we are currently based in a temporary building next to Burlington Danes Academy and Wormwood Scrubs. The temporary campus was built in record time and has all the specialist classrooms we need to deliver the same curriculum this year as we provided at our school on Silchester Road, including;
• 8 Science labs
• 2 DT workshops
• Food Technology room
• 2 music rooms
• 2 IT suites
• 2 libraries
• Drama studio
• Dance studio