Year 6 Offers
If your child has been offered a place at Kensington Aldridge Academy for September 2018 entry into Year 7, you will have received a letter from Mr Benson this week providing information on the next steps of the transition process. All the latest Y6 transition information, including FAQs and digital copies of parent letters, can now be found at kaa.org.uk/admissions/y6-transition-information.
This is an exciting and important new chapter for you and your child, we know you will be excited to get started! Once you have received an offer for KAA from your local authority, the next steps are as follows:
· The national deadline for accepting offers for secondary school is Thursday 15th March. You must accept the offer of a place with your home local authority.
· In the summer term, all students will be visited at their primary school by the Principal or a member of the academy leadership team. This is to speak to both students and their teachers about the transition to secondary school. Dates for these visits will be confirmed with Primary schools directly.
· All students will be invited to attend a Y6 Taster Day in July to familiarise themselves with teachers, our culture and our routines. We will write to parents nearer the time to advise you of the exact date.
· All parents will be invited to a meeting at KAA with the Principal or a member of the senior leadership team in the summer term to discuss and sign the Home / School Agreement and ask any questions they may have. Again we will write to parents directly to inform them of their meeting date.
· We will be hosting a Y6 Parents’ Information Evening at 6.30pm on Wednesday 4th July to discuss with you some key aspects of academy life and go over the arrangements for the start of term. You will also have an opportunity to meet KAA teachers at this stage. Please add this to your diary now.
We look forward to working with you over the next seven years. Your child will receive an education at KAA which is (in Ofsted’s words) not just outstanding but also “remarkable” and “exceptional”.