Applications for KAA Sixth Form
There are just two weeks left until the deadline for applications to KAA Sixth Form on Friday 1st December. You can apply online by visiting www.kaa.org.uk/sixth-form/applications now.
What makes KAA the right Sixth Form for me?
KAA Sixth Form offers an experience that is totally unique in the state sector. No other school can boast the incredible facilities, elite partnerships, and expert teaching which we have here at KAA.
- At KAA we offer our students a traditional, academic curriculum, with a modern, creative twist. In August 2017, we received our first set of national exams results in which our students achieved 61% of all entries at A-C grades (42% A-B). These AS grades indicate KAA is in the top 10% of UK Schools in terms of “value added”, with students getting on average one whole grade higher than national expectations.
- KAA is part of a consortium with two elite independent schools: Godolphin & Latymer and Charterhouse. These two institutions are amoung the best private schools in the UK, with a rich history in educating this country’s future leaders. Fees are more than £30,000 per year, but KAA students receive access for free. No other academy has such prestigious partnerships to offer. Specific benefits of the consortium include:
– The opportunity to study A-Levels in certain courses at Godolphin.
– Regular subject seminars and lectures at both Godolphin and Charterhouse for all KAA students, to extend their sixth form education and enhance their CVs.
– Support with university applications for all KAA Sixth Formers at Godolphin and Charterhouse: help selecting courses, completing UCAS forms, and writing personal statements.
– Mock interviews for all Oxbridge candidates at Godolphin & Charterhouse.
– Extensive enrichment opportunities in music, sport, drama, art and debating at both schools
- KAA is a performing and creative arts academy, partnered with LAMDA and the Royal Academy of Dance. This means we have world class facilities and expert teaching for music, drama, art, dance and design technology. We harness the expertise of our partners LAMDA and the Royal Academy of Dance to give students opportunities that you would rarely find in a state school. Whether or not you are studying courses in these subjects, or just participating in the school production or a dance enrichment class, you will benefit so much from the fact that KAA has creative and performing arts weaved into the fabric of the school.
- Our sixth form students have the chance to spend two years studying in one of the greatest parts of London. KAA is just minutes from Portobello Road, Notting Hill Gate and Holland Park – three areas which are world famous for their shopping, parks, restaurants and culture. North Kensington is a vibrant, buzzing, creative community and we are proud to be right at its heart. Despite the challenges of the recent Grenfell Tower fire, the school remains as strong as ever and will be back in our building by September ’18 when you join the school in Year 12.